2010 Memorial Race Donations

2010 Memorial Race Donations
Taking BABY STEPS to mend broken hearts

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Donations

For those of you interested Bunco for Babies has been a HUGE success.

April - We had our first Bunco night. It was so much fun and I enjoyed meeting all the new people! We collected disposable cameras as our "item of the month" which Loni and I took to Trinity Hospital's NICU. They gladly accepted our donations.

May - Our second night was wonderful. Although we had a lot of people who weren't able to make it, we had several new players. Our "item of the month" was small blankets. Loni and I made a trip to STV East Wednesday and donated the blankets, bouncy seat, socks, hand mitts, breastfeeding drape and a womb sound bear. The women in this NICU were VERY excited to receive the donations. They made us feel extremely welcome. Their charge nurse Melanie even shared with us that she too has lost infants. It's amazing how many people have lost infants but are not vocal about it. There are so many of us out there and we have to support each other.

I am so thankful that Bunco for Babies has been such a success. Each month brings a bigger smile to my face and I'm happy to share the memory of Braden and Brody with these special women!!!

3 comments:

Shan Herren said...

I am lovin BFB! It's so much fun making new friends with all of these super nice local women. The basket of donated blankies was HUGE and over-flowing. You and Loni have done a great job organizing this. I fear that we will out-grow Gatherings and will have to request a delivery of Strawberry Pretzel Salad where ever we wind up!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. You visited my blog while I on was on vacation. I am so sorry that you are my people. I'm so sorry that you know how bad this still hurts, over a year later. I look forward to following your blog and getting to know you. Email me for anything.

Stacey said...

Abby, I think that what you are doing is just awesome! Just wanted to tell you that. You're pretty awesome too. :)