2010 Memorial Race Donations

2010 Memorial Race Donations
Taking BABY STEPS to mend broken hearts

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009








We made it though our second Christmas without Braden and Brody. (as if there was a choice not to?) This year, Cary thought it would be nice to get a wreath and decorate it for the boys. We found an awesome wreath that had red lights which flashed to Christmas tunes! Christmas music has never made me cry until now. As soon as it played, the tears began. I decided to stick with the colors I used last year because I just love the combination (baby blue, red and silver) Christmas Eve was windy, cold and rainy. We had to stick with out tradition and go spend some time at Braden and Brody's marker. We stayed a few minutes but it was too windy and rainy to put the wreath out. Thank goodness Honey and Tina had already decorated some or I would have felt guilty leaving without adding a little Christmas flair to the marker.








I thought I was being tough and held it together for the most part. It still hurts so much knowing the boys should be here and we should be spending the holidays with all of our family including them! Christmas morning was especially hard. I enjoy spoiling all my nieces and nephews and getting them way more than they need. It makes me happy seeing them so excited about all of the presents. It it also like a stab in the heart. I see each of them and all I can think of is how much fun my boys would be having now. Surely as more time slips by it will get easier on us. I just wish I could click my heals and it all be over. I want to see them again and I know I will.

Christmas afternoon we joined my family for lunch.

Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra





You guessed it, Chinese food!!! Cary and I were pooped so we didn't join anyone for the traditional Christmas Day movie.







All in all, it was a nice Christmas. I miss my boys, but I still have a wonderful family who loves us!!!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Sending big hugs for you, Abby. You are a strong and amazing woman, you know. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas, but oh I'm sure you miss your sweet boys. (Oh, and LOL at your reference to A Christmas Story!) :)

Stacey said...

Hey Abby! Just checking in and saying hello. Hope you are doing well. I gave you an award on my blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Great blog really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...
Cheap Flights to Nanjing
Flights to Nanjing