2010 Memorial Race Donations

2010 Memorial Race Donations
Taking BABY STEPS to mend broken hearts

Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Boys!

APRIL 12, 2010

Today is a day of celebration. Although we are sad and miss them very much, we celebrate the Boys 2nd Birthday today. It is hard to believe it has been 2 years since Braden and Brody were born. There have been good times and bad, but I can honestly say I would not change it for the world. My sons had a purpose in their lives (although it was only in my belly and not here on earth) and I truly believe God is working to change mine and Cary's life for the better. He has led us closer to him in the past few years which is a blessing! I always complained about having to get up early to go to church as we were growing up and complained about going to all the services. It was so boring!!! Cary and I have started going back within the past year and are now teaching Children's Church. I know it's scary! I enjoy Sunday mornings so much and don't mind getting up to go now! Sunday afternoon naps are always the best too!

I find myself listening to a song by Jeremy Camp called "Healing Hand of God" The lyrics are powerful and so true. I have seen the healing hand of God throughout the past 2 years and he continues to heal us everyday!


I have seen the many faces,
I fear in the pain.
I have watched the tears fall plenty,
From heart ache and strength.
So if life's journey,
Has you weary and afraid.
There's rest in the shadow of his wings.
I have walked through the valleys,
The mountains and plains.
I have held the hand of freedom,
It washes all my stains.
If you feel the weight of many trials,
And burdens from this world.
There's freedom in the shelter of the Lord.

Chorus:
I have seen,
The healing hand of God,
Reaching out and mending broken hearts.
Taste and see the fullness of His peace,
And hold on to what's being held out.
The healing hand of God.

I have touched the scars upon His hands,
To see if they were real.
He has walked the road before me,
He knows just how I feel.
When you feel there is not anyone,
Who understands your pain,
Just remember all of Jesus' suffering.

(Chorus)

Cast all your cares on Him,
For He cares for you.
He's near to the broken and confused.
By His stripes,
Our spirit is renewed.
So enter in the joy prepared for you.

Happy Birthday boys! Mom loves you very much and can't wait to see you again.

5 comments:

Shan Herren said...

What a beautiful song. I'm so glad you are finding that God is the only thing that can really comfort a broken heart. There is no way to really know that special peace & comfort without experiencing something tramatic. I love you both and know that those little kids at church love you too! :)

Stacey said...

Abby, you are amazing. Happy Birthday, boys!

Avery Tales said...

I'm just now reading this post. I'm glad to know that you were able to celebrate their birthday. Each year it seems to get a bit easier to celebrate, but it's always okay to cry as well. I'm thinking of you as always. :)

~Lurenda

Anonymous said...

I Peter 5:7 is my favorite verse! "casting all your cares upon Him,for He cares for you."
Happy Birthday (even though I'm posting this so late)
God Bless You!

Naeem said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think.i have a best Medical Transcription company Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!