2010 Memorial Race Donations

2010 Memorial Race Donations
Taking BABY STEPS to mend broken hearts

Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm Stuck on You


Don't you love getting shots. Try giving them to yourself. It's nice.

I've almost made it a full week taking Lupron. My first round of injections. For starters, I must say it is hard to stick a needle in your stomach. I don't care how little it may be, the fact is, there's a NEEDLE going into my skin and I don't appreciate it. My husband tells me to just look away and stick myself, but I'd rather not stab my hand in the process then have to try again. I just take a breath and ohhhhhhh. But it doesn't hurt. It's just the idea I'm doing it. Well, many more to come.

So far, it hasn't been to bad but today I was feeling the emotions. This morning on my long journey from the parking deck to the building at work I began sweating like a pig. I felt the tiny beads forming above my lips, my back, my chest, my pits... Keep in mind it's winter time. Luckily for me, this continued throughout the day. On my way home from work I sobbed when I saw this sad lab that had been hit on the side of the road. He was looking right at me! I swear his eyes were open and all I could see was my two little wieners! I'd die if something happened to them. Then I thought about the poor owners of this dog. They probably have no idea. Well, they are probably idiots because their dog should not have been on a busy road or outside in the freezing cold for that matter. This sobbing went on for several minutes. Then I began to realize, I was sad the dog got hit, but there isn't anything I can do and my dogs are perfectly fine inside (probably under a blanket somewhere)

Who knows what tomorrow will be like. Lupron 10

1 comment:

Shan Herren said...

dang - i'm sad now. do i need to take you shopping???